Historic Trinity Lutheran Church reopened for public worship beginning Sunday, May 31. We will host three services at 8:15am, 9:30am, and 11:00am under the following measures:
- SAFETY PROTOCOL
- We will encourage the sick, compromised, and those who are uncomfortable to stay home.
- Every other pew is available for seating to maintain 6’ social distancing
- We ask that all entering and exiting our building wear masks. You may take off your mask once seated in your pew to worship, but please put it back on to leave. We will have masks available for those in need at entry doors.
- We will sanitize pews, handles, rails, and common areas between each service.
- We will have touchless building entry and hand sanitizer stations at each point of entry.
- We will have worship folders for you to pick up and discard (touchless folders).
- We will continue with three services each Sunday to help reduce the number of congregants at each service
- We will ask that offering envelopes are placed in the receptacle at the entrance to the church (no passing of plates), or continue your contributions online or by mail.
- We will suspend the greeting line after church until further notice.
- We will suspend the coffee hour until further notice.
- We will continue to livestream the 9:30am service.
- Communion will be prepared following CDC safety protocols for food preparation.
- We will offer Communion at no more than one service per Sunday to ensure proper preparation
- A modified continuous line distribution will be used to help keep social distancing.
- The pastors will hand-sanitize and will be wearing face shields.
- The host/bread will be placed only into the hand. Where there is incidental hand-to-hand contact, pastor will use hand sanitizer before the next to receive.
- The common cup will be suspended until further notice. Only individual cups will be used.
- The tray of cups will only be half-stocked. Cellophane will cover the cups. The pastor will remove the cellophane to reveal your individual cup.
- Drop the used individual cup into the basket. Avoid contact.
- A touchless hand-sanitizing station is available at the end of the communion line.