Historic Trinity Lutheran Church reopened for public worship beginning Sunday, May 31. We will host three services at 8:15am, 9:30am, and 11:00am under the following measures:
- SAFETY PROTOCOL
- We will encourage the sick, compromised, and those who are uncomfortable to stay home.
- Every other pew is available for seating to maintain 6’ social distancing
- We will encourage the use of masks, and will have masks available for those in need.
- We will sanitize pews, handles, rails, and common areas between each service.
- We will have touchless building entry and hand sanitizer stations at each point of entry.
- We will have worship folders for you to pick up and discard (touchless folders).
- We will continue with three services each Sunday to help reduce the number of congregants at each service
- We will ask that offering envelopes are placed in the receptacle at the entrance to the church (no passing of plates), or continue your contributions online or by mail.
- We will suspend the greeting line after church until further notice.
- We will suspend the coffee hour until further notice.
- We will continue to livestream the 9:30am service.
- Communion will be prepared following CDC safety protocols for food preparation.
- We will offer Communion at no more than one service per Sunday to ensure proper preparation
- A modified continuous line distribution will be used to help keep social distancing.
- The pastors will hand-sanitize and will be masked.
- An opening “take eat… take drink…” will be offered. The pastors will not speak through the masks during distribution.
- The host/bread will be placed only into the hand. Where there is incidental hand-to-hand contact, pastor will use hand sanitizer before the next to receive.
- The common cup will be suspended until further notice. Only individual cups will be used.
- The tray of cups will only be half-stocked. Cellophane will cover the cups. The pastor will remove the cellophane to reveal your individual cup.
- Drop the used individual cup into the basket. Avoid contact.