Rev. Dr. David Eberhard was laid to rest at Historic Trinity May 14, 2016, and we praised the Lord for His faithfulness to this His servant. May he rest from his labors. Please keep the Eberhard family in your prayers. To view the funeral and celebration of his life, click here. Memorials are requested to Historic Trinity.
- Where We Are shows you where Historic Trinity is located, a list of restaurants you can eat before or after you are at Historic Trinity, and interesting places to visit nearby. Historic Trinity provides secure, off-street parking.
- We have three Worship
Service opportunities each Sunday: 8:15, 9:30, and 11:00
a.m. with Sunday School and Bible Classes at 9:30 a.m. Holy
Communion is celebrated the first and third Sundays of each month
at 11:00 and the second and fourth Sundays at 8:15 and 9:30. There
communion on the fifth Sunday of the month. No Monday Evening Services this summer.
- See Historic Trinity's Sunday Bulletin and Video Sermons
- Easter Photo Gallery from The Detroit News
- Sculpture of homeless Jesus finds home at Historic Trinity. "Whatsoever You Do", by sculptor Tim Schmalz is dedicated, May 22, 2016. Detroit Free Press
Application for Full Membership to Historic Trinity Lutheran Church can be completed online and submitted through our secure server. Submit other forms online: Address
Update, Donate Now, Make
a Contribution, Meeting
Response, or Make a Reservation.
- Meet Rev. Darryl L. Andrzejewski, our Head Pastor. In August, 2015 he became the 8th head Pastor of Historic Trinity in its 165 years of ministry. His enthusiasm to proclaim the Gospel to all, his passion for the City of Detroit, his experience through many years in the ministry, and his assurance that he has the support of the members of Historic Trinity, all point to an exciting, creative, and bold ministry in downtown Detroit.
- Prayer is important and very powerful. Would you like to request a prayer for someone and/or have that request included in our prayer chain? Just follow the above link - that's all there is to it.
Be sure to check out the photos from Historic Trinity events on Flickr. See our
Blog, Facebook (Remember to "Like us"), and Twitter pages.Watch our DVD's on Vimeo or YouTube.
To follow these links - Click an on Icon below to View:
Questions about the Bible or life situations can be hard for us to ask in person sometimes. Just follow this link, and type in your question. One of our Pastors will send you a reply. You do not even have to include your name.
Our Events and our Services pages detail many special events and services at Historic Trinity. For Events by Date, check the Cathedral Calendar. There is secure, off-street parking for all services and events.
Check out the items you can purchase online. Then order them through our secure server. Please note that postage/shipping amounts will be applied.
Take a Virtual Walking Tour of Historic Trinity. You will enjoy both the interior and exterior tour of our magnificent cathedral. Follow the information.
Enjoy articles depicting artifacts, symbols, furnishings, or windows at Historic Trinity Lutheran Church. The Architectural Detail page includes links to the articles.
Weddings at Historic Trinity. Historic Trinity only permits weddings in its church of persons who have been active members of the parish for the past two years.