PENTECOST SUNDAY. Livestream is at 9:30am. May 31. Order of Worship Pentecost
You can find previous services Here
PLEASE NOTE: LIVESTREAM WILL NOW TAKE PLACE @ 9:30am.
HISTORIC TRINITY WILL RE-OPEN FOR PUBLIC WORSHIP BEGINNING MAY 31.
Please join us as we Live Stream Sunday services at 9:30am. Please find the live service here: facebook.com/HTintheD
You’ll find services in HD audio and video stored after the event ends here: https://livestream.com/accounts/15712264
Historic Trinity Lutheran Church will reopen for public worship beginning Sunday, May 31. Pentecost Sunday. We will host three services at 8:15am, 9:30am, and 11:00am under the following safety protocol measures:
- We will encourage the sick, compromised, and those who are uncomfortable to stay home.
- Every other pew is available for seating to maintain 6’ social distancing
- We will encourage the use of masks, and will have masks available for those in need.
- We will sanitize pews, handles, rails, and common areas between each service.
- We will have touchless building entry and hand sanitizer stations at each point of entry.
- We will have worship folders for you to pick up and discard (touchless folders).
- We will continue with three services each Sunday to help reduce the number of congregants at each service
- We will ask that offering envelopes are placed in the receptacle at the entrance to the church (no passing of plates), or continue your contributions online or by mail.
- We will suspend the greeting line after church until further notice.
- We will suspend the coffee hour until further notice.
- We will continue to livestream the 9:30am service.
- Communion will be prepared following CDC safety protocols for food preparation.
- We will offer Communion at no more than one service per Sunday to ensure proper preparation
- A modified continuous line distribution will be used to help keep social distancing.
- The pastors will hand-sanitize and will be masked.
- An opening “take eat… take drink…” will be offered. The pastors will not speak through the masks during distribution.
- The host/bread will be placed only into the hand. Where there is incidental hand-to-hand contact, pastor will use hand sanitizer before the next to receive.
- The common cup will be suspended until further notice. Only individual cups will be used.
- The tray of cups will only be half-stocked. Cellophane will cover the cups. The pastor will remove the cellophane to reveal your individual cup.
- Drop the used individual cup into the basket. Avoid contact.
Historic Trinity has been sharing the love of Jesus in downtown Detroit since 1850. As the Mother Church of Detroit Lutheranism, we are blessed to be an ecclesiastical, cultural, community resource and gathering place for Metro Detroit. Historic Trinity is a National, State, and Local historical designated site. The uniqueness of our downtown location, the breathtaking beauty of our sanctuary and our worship services distinguish us as a destination church.
We are a proud neighbor in the Historic Eastern Market District. We provide secure and lighted off street parking, easy access only two blocks from I-75 Exit 51b, air-conditioned facilities, and complete handicap accessibility.