As one of the oldest member congregations (1850) of the Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod (1847), we believe:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is His message to all people. The entire Bible points to Jesus as the Savior.
- There is only one true God. He has revealed Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God is the creator of everything that exists.
- People were originally created by God pure and Holy. They lived according to God’s will, doing what was pleasing to Him.
- Adam and Eve, the man and woman God created in the beginning, went against God’s will and brought sin into the world. Since that time, all people have been conceived and born in sin.
- Sin is living out of relationship with God, not living according to God’s will, and thus transgressing His holy will in thought, word and deed.
- People cannot save themselves by their good works or restore themselves to a right relationship with God.
- God sent His Son, Jesus, into the world, He is both true God and true man. He lived to fulfill God’s law for us, died on the cross to pay the penalty our sins deserved, and rose from the dead so that we might have eternal life. He ascended into heaven, where he now sits at the right hand of The Father to intercede for us.
- Because of Jesus’ death on the cross, God declares a person just-or righteous-and forgiven. This happens not because of human effort, but because the justification won by Jesus is applied to the one who believes in Jesus as Savior.
- Faith in Jesus is a gift of God, given by the power of the Holy Spirit, thus all the glory belongs to God.
- The means of grace are the Word, Holy Baptism, and Holy Communion, By these means, God applies the merits of Jesus’ atoning death to all who believe in Jesus as their Savior.
- Jesus will come again to take all believers to Himself. On the final day, all the dead will be raised. Those who are still alive will be bodily transformed. After this, the final judgment will take place. unbelievers will go into eternal damnation, and believers into eternal life.
- The true Christian Church is made up of all believers of all times who believe in the Triune God and in Jesus Christ as their only Savior.
- The true visible church is the church which correctly preaches and teaches God’s Word and administers Holy Baptism and Holy Communion according to the teachings of Scripture.
- Christians are called to tell others that the only way of salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ, and to show their faith by their deeds of love towards others.
IN BRIEF – LUTHERANS BELIEVE
Being “Lutheran” our congregation accepts and teaches Bible-based teachings of Martin Luther that inspired the reformation of the Christian Church in the 16th century. The teaching of Luther and the reformers can be summarized in three short phrases: Grace alone. Scripture alone. Faith alone.
Grace alone (Sola Gratia)
God loves the people of the world, even though they are sinful, rebel against Him and do not deserve His love. He sent Jesus, His Son, to love the unlovable and save the ungodly.
Scripture alone (Sola Scriptura)
The Bible is God’s inerrant and infallible Word, in which He reveals His law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. It is the sole rule and norm for Christian doctrine.
Faith alone (Sola Fide)
By His suffering and death as the substitute for all people of all time, Jesus purchased and won forgiveness and eternal life for them. Those who hear this Good News and believe it have the eternal life it offers. God creates faith in Christ and gives people forgiveness through Him.
More information can be found here.